Alternator RegulatorsMaximize your charging time with the most advanced technology
Why do you need an alternator regulator?
An alternator regulator adjusts the output of the alternator to the proper voltage required by the batteries based on battery chemistry & environmental factors. All lithium & some AGM applications require special programming of the alternator regulator. OPE provides comprehensive hardware programming services. Learn More. See our FAQ’s for lithium battery applications & high output alternators for more information.
Today’s high power alternators provide the option of supplementing and in many cases replacing generator charging. The AP500 has exclusive programming capabilities easily accessible with the OPE-Tether or Android app which allow the battery charging to be maximized based on engine RPM & real time loading data. Generate high amperage even at idle Learn More.
The regulator will adjust charging based on alternator temperature as well as battery temperature for non-lithium installations. It is important to have properly mounted temperature sensors to enable the charging to be scaled back in the case of high alternator temperature and to adjust the V for lead battery temperature variations.
Important Note: High-output alternators and advanced regulators can be challenging to install, and may require custom work to ensure proper fitment. An experienced installer is highly recommended for installation and configuration due to the potential complexity of the project. We will do everything we can to ensure a successful installation in the sales process, and will provide installation guides and manuals for our products. Additional support for installation, configuration, diagramming, and programming is available from OPE on a contracted hourly basis.
AP500 & WS500 with dynamic charge control based on actual engine loading
- utilizes both current & V to regulate charging
- compatible with 12V, 24V, 48V systems & more
- CAN enabled for comms with engine & battery BMS
- adjusts charging based on RPM with a completely customizable loading curve
wiring harness sold separately
- programmable with the OPE Tether, DIP switches, PC via Putty or Wakespeed app via Android
Differences between WS500 & AP500
- AP500 has no dip switches for preprogrammed charge profiles
- AP500 is more water resistant
- WS500 has RJ45 terminals
OPE Provides Complete Alternator Regulator Programming Services
Balmar Max Charge-MC618 & MC624
- NEW- the MC618 can now be programmed via Bluetooth using the Balmar app in conjunction with the SG205
- 9 Selectable Programs for Marine Batteries (including LiFePO4)
- 15 Amp (10A for MC624) Maximum Field Current
- Advanced Programming Modes (accessible through Bluetooth)
- Alternator & Battery Temperature Sensing & Control
- Exclusive Belt Load Manager Function
- Integrates with SG200 for Programming and Data Display
- Can be Used in Twin-Engine Applications with Centerfielder II
Alpha Pro III
- Balances engine load, reducing RPM variations.
- Compatible with standard and high performance alternators, incl. 200 A ~ 400 A models.
- Integrated ‘keep alive’ feature for reliable tachometer readings.
- Suitable for every battery type, including Lithium Ion.
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V system voltages.
- MasterBus compatible: simplifies wiring, saves space and weight, and creates optimal cooperation between Mastervolt products