Alternator RegulatorsMaximize your charging time with the most advanced technology
Why do you need an alternator regulator?
An alternator regulator adjusts the output of the alternator to the proper voltage required by the batteries based on battery chemistry & environmental factors. All lithium & some AGM applications require special programming of the alternator regulator.
Today’s high power alternators provide the option of supplementing and in many cases replacing generator charging. The AP500 has exclusive programming capabilities easily accessible with the OPE-Tether which allow the battery charging to be maximized based on engine RPM & real time loading data. Learn More.
The regulator will adjust charging based on alternator temperature as well as battery temperature for non-lithium installations. It is important to have properly mounted temperature sensors to enable the charging to be scaled back in the case of high alternator temperature and to adjust the V for lead battery temperature variations.
AP500 & WS500 with dynamic charge control based on actual engine loading
- utilizes both current & V to regulate charging
- compatible with 12V, 24V, 48V systems & more
- CAN enabled for comms with engine & battery BMS
- adjusts charging based on RPM with a completely customizable loading curve
wiring harness sold separately
- programmable with the OPE Tether, DIP switches, PC via Putty or Wakespeed app via Android
Differences between WS500 & AP500
- AP500 has no dip switches for preprogrammed charge profiles
- AP500 is more water resistant
- WS500 has RJ45 terminals
Alpha Pro III
- Balances engine load, reducing RPM variations.
- Compatible with standard and high performance alternators, incl. 200 A ~ 400 A models.
- Integrated ‘keep alive’ feature for reliable tachometer readings.
- Suitable for every battery type, including Lithium Ion.
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V system voltages.
- MasterBus compatible: simplifies wiring, saves space and weight, and creates optimal cooperation between Mastervolt products
Balmar Max Charge-MC618 & MC624
- 9 Selectable Programs for Marine Batteries (including LiFePO4)
- 15 Amp (10A for MC624) Maximum Field Current
- Advanced Programming Modes
- Alternator & Battery Temperature Sensing & Control
- Exclusive Belt Load Manager Function
- Integrates with SG200 for Programming and Data Display
- Can be Used in Twin-Engine Applications with Centerfielder II